András Szőnyi, MD, PhD
2014: MD; Faculty of Medicine, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
2018: PhD; János Szentágothai Doctoral School of Neurosciences, School of PhD studies, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Laboratory for Cellular Mechanisms of Learning and Memory, Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
Principal Investigator: Andreas Lüthi, PhD
Laboratory of Cellular Neurophysiology, Department of Cellular and Network Neurobiology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Budapest, Hungary
Principal Investigator: Zoltan Nusser, DSc
August 21, 2006 – May 31, 2019:
Laboratory of Cerebral Cortex Research, Department of Cellular and Network Neurobiology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Budapest, Hungary
Principal Investigator, group leader: Tamas F. Freund, DSc
Workgroup leader, Ph.D. supervisor: Gabor Nyiri, PhD
- Median raphe controls acquisition of negative experience in the mouse
Science, 2019 Nov 29;366(6469). pii: eaay8746. doi: 10.1126/science.aay8746.
- Conducting memory formation (prize essay)
Science, 2019 Oct 4;366(6461):46. doi: 10.1126/science.aaz3883.
- Brainstem nucleus incertus controls contextual memory formation
Science, 2019 May 24;364(6442). pii: eaaw0445. doi: 10.1126/science.aaw0445.
- Co-transmission of acetylcholine and GABA regulates hippocampal states
Nature Communications, 2018 Jul 20;9(1):2848. doi: 10.1038/s41467-018-05136-1.
- Cellular architecture and transmitter phenotypes of neurons of the mouse median raphe region
Brain Structure and Function, 2017 Jan;222(1):287-299. doi: 10.1007/s00429-016-1217-x.
- The ascending median raphe projections are mainly glutamatergic in the mouse forebrain
Brain Structure and Function, 2016 Mar;221(2):735-51. doi: 10.1007/s00429-014-0935-1.
- Quantitative ultrastructural analysis of basket and axo-axonic cell terminals in the mouse hippocampus
Brain Structure and Function, 2015 Mar;220(2):919-40. doi: 10.1007/s00429-013-0692-6.
- NMDA receptors in GABAergic synapses during postnatal development
PLoS One, 2012; 7(5):e37753. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0037753.
- NMDA receptors in hippocampal GABAergic synapses and their role in nitric oxide signaling
Journal of Neuroscience, 2011 Apr 20;31(16):5893-904. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5938-10.2011.
- Nitric oxide signaling modulates synaptic transmission during early postnatal development
Cerebral Cortex, 2011 Sep;21(9):2065-74. doi: 10.1093/cercor/bhq281.
- Neuroprotective effects of a novel kynurenic acid analogue in a transgenic mouse model of Huntington’s disease
Journal of Neural Transmission, 2011 Jun;118(6):865-75. doi: 10.1007/s00702-010-0573-6.
- 2021-2022: EMBO Long-term Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2020: Prize for Young Investigators of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 2019: Junior Prima Prize in Sciences, Hungarian Development Bank
- 2019: Eppendorf and Science Prize for Neurobiology, finalist
- 2017: New National Excellence Program, Ministry of Human Resources, The State of Hungary
- 2016: National Talent Program, Ministry of Human Resources, The State of Hungary
- 2015: Students’ Scientific Association Excellence Prize, Semmelweis University
- 2013: Eötvös Loránd Studentship of the National Excellence Program, The State of Hungary
- 2013: National Scientific Report Award – 3rd prize, University of Sciences of Szeged
- 2012: Scientific Report Award – 1st prize, Semmelweis University
- 2012: Scholarship of the Hungarian Republic of the academic year 2012/2013
- 2011: Scholarship of the Hungarian Republic of the academic year 2011/2012
- 2011: National Scientific Report Award – 3rd prize, University of Debrecen
- 2010: Scientific Report Award – 1st prize, Semmelweis University
- 2016: Nucleus incertus inhibits hippocampal somatostatin-positive interneurons, Hungarian Neuroscience Doctoral Conference, 20 January, Budapest, Hungary
- 2013: Glutamate receptors in serotonergic raphe-hippocampal synapses, Conference of the Hungarian Society for Microscopy, 23-25 May, Siófok, Hungary
- 2018: Brainstem nucleus incertus controls contextual memory formation, FENS, 7-11 July, Berlin, Germany
- 2017: New aspect of the glutamatergic nature and projection patterns of the median raphe cells in the mouse, Conference of the Japanese Neuroscience Society, 20-23 July, Chiba, Tokyo, Japan
- 2016: The ascending projections from the median raphe region are mainly glutamatergic in the mouse forebrain, SfN, 12-16 November, San Diego, USA
- 2016: Cellular architecture and transmitter phenotypes of neurons of the mouse median raphe region, SfN, 12-16 November, San Diego, USA
- 2016: New aspect of the glutamatergic nature and projection patterns of the median raphe cells in the mouse, FENS, 2-6 July, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2014: Synapses established by the median raphe contain glutamate receptors in the mouse forebrain, IBRO International Workshop, 16-17 January, Debrecen, Hungary
- 2012: Proportions and ultrastructural properties of hippocampal perisomatic terminals, IBRO International Workshop, 19-21 January, Szeged, Hungary
- 2010: Nitric oxide signaling at hippocampal cholecystokinin-positive basket cell synapses, IBRO International Workshop, 21-23 January, Pécs, Hungary
2015: Synaptic Plasticity and Neural Circuit Remodeling Course, Neuroscience School of Advanced Studies, 30 May – 6 Jun, Florence, Italy
International Patent Classification: A61K 31/47 (2006.01); A61P 25/00 (2006.01); International Application Number: PCT/HU2011/000062